Note: What Node and Link Invert Elevations Does SWMM 5 Use?
· Node Invert Elevation,
· The Node Rim Elevation which is the Node Invert Elevation + the Maximum node depth
· The Ponded Area when the Ponded Area option is used
· The Surcharge Depth above the Node Rim Elevation
· The Link Upstream Offset Depth or Offset Elevation and
· The Link Downstream Offset Depth or Offset Elevation
· The Link Maximum Depth or Diameter
· The Pipe Crown Elevation at the upstream and downstream link nodes. The Pipe Crown is the Pipe Diameter + Link Offsets
· The Node Highest Pipe Crown Elevation,
· The Surcharge Depth above the Rim Elevation if the Node has a Surcharge Pressure Depth at the Node during the simulation,
· The Flooded Depth above the Rim Elevation if the Node uses the Ponded Area Option
· The Pipe Invert Cannot be below either upstream or downstream node invert – the program will print a warning in the rpt file and set the offset to 0 internally,
· The Pipe Crown Cannot be above the Rim Elevation of the Node – the program will raise the Rim Elevation when this happens and print a warning in the rpt file.
via Blogger http://www.swmm5.net/2013/08/what-node-and-link-invert-elevations.html