First a brief Introduction to InfoSWMM or a reminder of the history of InfoSWMM: InfoSWMM for ArcGIS (Esri, Redlands, CA). InfoSWMM enables engineers to work more efficiently and reliably with very large and complex network models, thanks to improvements in such areas as built-in 64-bit simulation, enhanced water quality modeling, and batch run scenario management using many of the Arc Map tools developed for InfoWater and InfoSewer.. All operations of a typical sewer system — from analysis and design to management functions such as water quality assessment, pollution prediction, sediment transport and deposition, urban flooding, real-time control, and record keeping — are addressed in a single, fully integrated geoengineering environment. The program’s powerful hydraulic and water quality computational engine is based on the current SWMM 5 version, which is endorsed by the USEPA and certified by FEMA. You can also get almost 24/7 support for InfoSWMM from Innovyze by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
My Top Ten Reasons for preferring InfoSWMM over SWMM 5 based on my experience: These are the top ten reasons I have found over the last seven years for using InfoSWMM over the SWMM 5 GUI:
- Scenario, Database and Facility Managers, InfoSWMM allows you to have present and future scenarios and a facility manager so that it is easy to have active and inactive sections of your network,make smaller networks and simulate only portions of your network for calibration or design. Domain and Selection Sets for editing and output graphics. Two hundred plus tools for Elevation Extraction, Pond Extraction, Data Inference, Data Connectivity etc. based on the proven technology and creativity from the Past 18 years of InfoWater development.
- The Tools of InfoSWMM and construction of InfoSWMM are based on almost 18 years of InfoWater Arc Map development; you are buying tools that have been proven across platform and modeling engines for many years
- Database editing of Network Elements and Output Files in either the Attribute Browser, DB Tables or the Output Report Manager Tables and Graphs.
- ArcMap Attribute Table Editing and Layer Properties along with Python scripts in ArcTool Box plus all of the Arc Map Editing tools to alter, edit or expand your modeling network.
- Many output graphs and map displays along with editable DB tables of the SWMM5 engine reports for Subcatchments, Links, Nodes, LID Units for all scenarios and calibration graphs. You can edit and graph each report or graph parameter using many Statistical Functions and Graphical Shapes.
- Output Relates, Data Base Queries and Output Statistical Tables for up to 500 Network Elements for Continuous Simulations. You can analyze up to 1000 years of output for up to 1 million node, link and subcatchment elements.
- Domain, Selection Set for Output File Sizes, 32 and 64 Bit Engines, Simulation Manager, Batch Runs and Multi-Core Processing for the Simulation Engine. Domains in particular are fantastic way to edit, view and organize your model input and output.
- IjnfoSWMM 2D, InfoSWMM SFEM, InfoSWMM CapPlan, InfoSWMM connection to SWMMLive InfoSWMM connection to InfoMaster for CAP Planning. InfoSWMM 2D is based on the Innovyze ICM 2D output and engine with the extra ability to edit and create polygons directly in Arc Map. SWMMLive is an AddOn that allows you to use InfoSWMM or SWMM5 models inside of Innovyze ICMLive.
- Genetic Algorithm Suite Addons for Calibration parameter estimation for surface hydrology, subsurface hydrology, infiltration, pumps, wet wells, links and the RTK parameters in RDII hydrology. Genetic Algorithm Suite Addons for the Design of Pump, Links, Wet Wells and Other Physical parameters in your model. Other Suite Addons for Watershed Generation, Dry Weather Flow Estimation, Conduit Storage Synthesis, Pond Design Manager, Risk Assessment Manager, Google Earth Net View, InfoSWMM 2D and Capacity Planning
- Many Exchange tools for ODBC, GIS Gateway, Import and Export Manager along with very good SWMM 5 import and InfoSewer direct import. You can import XLS, CSV, Shapefiles are well as export these ans other formats.
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1jcRQ4p