InfoSewer SA Data Menu
Data Menu - The different tools to manipulate the InfoSewer SA database are provided here.
Scenario Menu - The Scenario Explorer is an essential feature that enables the user to create, edit, modify, run, and compare any number of "what if" modeling scenarios with little extra effort.
Exchange Menu - Use this to Import or Export model data from or into an InfoSewer SA project.
Database Utility Tools
Updating the DB from changes made to the Map of InfoSewer SA.
Updating the Map from changes made to the DB of InfoSewer SA.
The Scenario Explorer is whereInfoSewer SA allows the user to create, delete and modify scenarios. The Scenario Explorer is what allows the user to create "what if" situations throughout a sewer/storm/combined system.
- Edit allows the user to select any of the scenarios created in anInfoSewer SA project and make it active. Once a scenario is made active, each of the three facets that comprise a scenario (facility sets, data sets, simulation sets).
- Once the Compare Data Scenarios dialog box appears, you will see that the Active scenario is selected. You can compare the Active scenario and another scenario in a model. Alternatively, you can select another scenario other than the Active scenario to compare to another scenario.
- A data set is one of three components that comprise a scenario. Data sets provide the capability to take a one-time “snapshot” of data (database information) in the active model and store that information separate from the network itself. In essence,InfoSewer SA creates separate database tables for each data set created, allowing the user to manipulate the database characteristics of the data set, separate from the "Base" data set. Once new data is stored in a data set, it may be reloaded back into the active model (via a scenario) at any time.
GIS Gateway provides a means to create data exchange parameters that allow you to quickly load and save data betweenInfoSewer SA and other GIS formats (including Geodatabases and personal Geodatabases). See: GIS Gateway Dialog Box
- Use this to import data from external files into the InfoSewer SA project database. See: Import Manager Dialog Box To learn more about the Import procedure click here.
- Choosing this option launches the InfoSewer SA Export Manager dialog box. Use this to export data files from InfoWater SA to other applications. See: Export Manager To learn more about the Export procedure click here.
- The Open DataBase Connectivity (ODBC) module ofInfoSewer SA allows the user to actively link to any external database and import that data into the currentInfoSewer SA session. Likewise, the user can also update an external database with InfoWater SA data. See: ODBC dialog box
- Export design data from the Run Manger Design back to the actual InfoSewer SA network.
- The Convert Polyline function is used when pipe data has been imported into InfoSewer SA without separate node data. This function will append nodes to the endpoints of the pipes and link nodes together that are within a given radius from each other. See. Append Nodes Dialog Box