InfoSewer SA Home Menu
The InfoSewer SA Home Tab is a collection of shortcut buttons to access commonly-used InfoSewer SA commands.
Map Inquiry Ribbon
- measure the distance on theInfoSewer SA Map. This tool will not work if the spatial coordinates are not defined in the InfoSewer SA model
- identify an item on the InfoSewer SA Map.
- find an item on the InfoSewer SA Map.
The Preferences command is used to control the InfoSewer SA system settings. All changes made on the Preferences dialog box must be applied prior to closing the dialog box. Many preferences set with this command will be reflected as the default choices on other dialog boxes. You may change those settings as desired on those dialog boxes.
- The Run Manager is used to perform simulations and manage simulation options.
- The Batch Simulation Manager is used to run models for numerous user-selected scenarios in a single operation. This command is especially useful where several simulations are simultaneously required for a large model. With the Batch Simulation Manager, the user can select the desired scenarios and run each model in a "batch" process.
- The Output Unit Manager is used to specify the units of measurement for simulation result variables to units other than the defaults. You may choose from any pre-defined units or may define user-specified units by applying the appropriate conversion factor. In changing units from the Output Unit Manager, the user is able to create and compare both reports and graphs from the same model run without having to re-run the model.
The Output Report Manger is where the user can generate reports and graphs for any element(s) as modeled in InfoSewer SA.
- A query report is used to create a sophisticated and very flexible report that contains only the user specified input variables and output results. Input variables are accessed thorough pre-defined DB queries and the output results are accessed using pre-defined output relates. More than one output relate could be created and used to build a query report thus offering the flexibility to combine output results corresponding to different modeling scenarios, different report time instants, etc. Query report has some similarity with customized report. However, unlike a customized report, a query report accesses inputs through DB queries and outputs through output relates. Because of this, query report offers much more flexibility to construct a sophisticated and highly customized report that meets the users interest.
- The Query Summation Report may be used in conjunction with DB Queries to determine and evaluate the different attributes associated with the InfoSewer SA data elements that satisfy the DB query.
- Input Profile Plot of the input node and link elevation, diameter and length. After clicking the Profile Plot button ( ), select one or more conduits. You can right-click to view a menu that allows you to change the default method of selection on the fly. Press the Enter key or the right mouse button to terminate the conduit selection process. You are notified if you attempt to re-select a previously selected conduit, or a conduit that is not directly connected to the previously selected conduits via a common node.
- Hot links enable the user to attach an external file to an InfoSewer SA element to be viewed at a later time. A hot linked file may contain a photograph of the element, a work order history sheet, a cost spreadsheet or a raster image of a construction drawing.
- Domain Manager - Use this button to open the Domain Manager Dialog Box. See: Domain Manager Dialog
- Enlarge Domain - Use this button to add elements such as pipes, pumps, valves, junctions, reservoirs and/or tanks to your new or existing domain. You can also use the Domain manager to do the same.
- Reduce Domain - Using this feature allows the user to graphically remove elements from a domain by window selection. (Note: To select single entities, hold the <Shift> key and select individual elements.)
- Clear Domain - Use this button to clear the presently active domain. Alternatively you can use the Domain manager to clear the domain.
- Zoom to Domain - Press this button to zoom to the extents of the current domain
- Facility Manager - Use this button to open the Facility Manager Dialog Box. See: Facility Manager Dialog Box
- Activate Elements - Use this command to activate facilities on your network map. The facilities thus activated will be considered active during the simulation run. You can also conduct the same operation through theInfoSewer SA Control Center ->InfoSewer SA button -> Tools -> Facility Manager command.
- Deactivate Elements - Use this button to deactivate facilities from your network. Deactivated elements will either be removed from the map display or shaded grey depending on the Project's Display Settings. The facilities thus deactivated will not be considered during the simulation run. You can also conduct the same operation through theInfoSewer SA Control Center ->InfoSewer SA button -> Tools -> Facility Manager command.
- Reset Facility - You may use this button to reset your facilities. Resetting the facility set will activate all the elements implying that your entire network will be displayed and considered for simulation when this command is used. Alternatively you may use the Facility manager to conduct this operation.
- Activate All - Adds the entire suite of available network components to the active facility set.