Import Manager for InfoSWMM and InfoSWMM SA
The Import Manager enables the modeler to import element data into InfoSWMM and InfoSWMM SA (both graphical details and attribute data). Click on the following links for more information:
To Launch InfoSWMM and InfoSWMM SA Import Manager, do the following:
- From the InfoSWMM and InfoSWMM SA Exchange menu select Import Manager. This will initiate the dialog box indicated below.
Contents of the dialog editor is described below.
|Import Element Type||Select the type of element for which an import file is to be created Conveyance Node (i.e. junction, outfall, divider, or storage unit) Conveyance Link (i.e. conduit, pumps, weir, orifice, or outlet).|
|Graphic Options||Disable Auto Length Calculation . If, checked, InfoSWMM will recalculate the lengths of conduits based on junction node and conduit vertices geometry. If unchecked, ensures that the Auto Pipe Calculation will not be used and that conduit lengths, when imported, will be populated as they are in the import file.|
|Import Options||Refer to the Import Options section|
|Source File||Refer to the Import Options section|
|Next||This button will initiate the Import Manager Field Mapping dialog editor that will enable you to map data fields from the imported file to the corresponding InfoSWMM field.|
Specify the type, source and options of the data import into InfoSWMM
- Format - Choose from Delimited Text (comma, tab, etc.), ESRI Shapefile or MapInfo MIF/MID formats.
- Delimiter - With the delimited text option, choose the type of delimiter in your file (tab, comma, etc.) This option is only available when importing a Delimited text file. A delimiter can be defined as a data separator. Choose the appropriate delimiter from among the options above.
Additional Import Options
Data may be imported into a new InfoSWMM project or an existing InfoSWMM H2OMap SWMM project. Choose from the following options based on the type of import:
- Create New Records - Choose this option to Create new records in the InfoSWMM database. Use this when creating a new InfoSWMM project. When importing to an existing project use this option if new data is to be added.
- Update Existing Records -Using this option will overwrite any existing InfoSWMM database records that match data from the import file records. Use this option when updating your InfoSWMM project.
Additional Import Options - Data may be imported into a new project or combined with an existing project. Choose from the following options based on the type of import:
- Create New Records - Choose this option to add new records in the project database. Use this when creating a new project. When importing to an existing project use this option if new record data is to be added.
- Update Existing Records -Using this option will overwrite any existing database records that match data from the import file records. Use this option when updating your project database.
· Note: You may choose to check both options in order to simultaneously update existing and create new records in your project.
- Skip Field Title First Row - This option is only required for delimited text files where the first row contains header data or title information for the import file.
- Source File - Choose the file on your network or your hard drive that you want to import. Click on the Browse button to bring up the navigation dialog box. Click on Open to choose the file and return to the Import Manager.
- No Geometry Update - The checkbox for “No Geometry Update” is enabled when you select “Shapefile” or “MIF/MID” format because these two formats have geometry information, but “Delimited Text” does not.
You may choose to check both options in order to simultaneously update and create new records in your InfoSWMM H2OMap SWMM project.
- Skip Field Title First Row - This option is only required for delimited text files where the first row map happen to contain a header or title of the import file.
- Source File - Choose the file on your network or your hard drive that you want to import. Click on the More icon to bring up the navigation dialog box. Click on Open to choose the file and return to the InfoSWMM import manager.
Use this to associate the Imported fields with the different InfoSWMM Data fields. The list of available field in the newly to be imported file are included under the Source Data Fields section. The available InfoSWMM data fields are included on the right window. Left click on any field under the source Data fields and left click on the appropriate InfoSWMM data field and then click on Map to associate the two fields. the most important step in this process is the InfoSWMM ID mapping where the field from the Source data field that contains a unique identifier is declared as the InfoSWMM ID.
Contents of this dialog editor are:
|Source Data fields||The source data fields are displayed in this section of the Import Manager. These data fields need to be mapped to the InfoSWMM data fields.|
|ID Mapping||Mapping the ID field is the most essential step in the import process. It is necessary to have a field in the Source Data fields that uniquely identifies the other properties of the elements being imported into InfoSWMM . Choose this field using the down arrow in this section to Map the InfoSWMM ID. InfoSWMM will now assign the ID in the specified source field and create elements with this ID.|
|Add All Fields||When this button is clicked, all fields from the available fields box will be moved to the display fields box|
|Add Single Field||Select one record from the available fields box, click the Add Single Field button and the field is now added to the import file.|
|Remove Single Field||Select one record from the display fields box, click the Remove Single Field button and the field is now removed from the import file.|
|Clear All Mapping||Resets all field mapping and ID mapping|
|Load||Clicking this button will open a previously saved field collection table. This is a time saving feature that allows the user to create an import template to be later recalled by the open feature.|
|Save||By using the save feature, the user can store an export template to a field collection folder. With a saved folder, an import file can be recalled during any import procedure.|
|Clear All Fields||Clicking this button clears all field mapping|
|Back||Returns to the Import Manager Source & Options dialog|
|Finish||Choose this to conclude the import process. The export file has now been saved as per your choice and contains all the selected data fields|
|Close||Close the dialog editor|
Privileged and Confidential Communication: This electronic mail communication and any documents included hereto may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient) of this message, any review, use, distribution or disclosure by you or others is strictly prohibited. Please contact the sender by reply email and delete and/or destroy the accompanying message.