Making Modeling Better see https://dep.cimm.org/
The NCIMM Mission is “Making Modeling Better” We will enhance and support the community of open-source code developers and model users who work with civil infrastructure systems. We aim to be a force in inspiring, organizing, and assisting the community in building and maintaining both software and model applications. Our long-term goal is to provide positive services that are valued by the modeling community and can be sustained through community subscriptions.
Serving the Community
Our mission objective is to help the community develop and meet the benchmarks and standards needed for models of public infrastructure. We will see that operational codes meet the highest standards of software reliability and maintainability. We will engage in the development of reliable, accurate, and efficient code for enhanced model capabilities and new computer architectures. We will organize training to provide certified levels of model application expertise.
We will make modeling better.
Our 5-year goals are focused on the SWMM and EPANET codes:
· Development and delivery of training courses for expert certifications
· Developing standards and benchmarks for code and model applications
· Building engagement in the SWMM and EPANET communities
· Providing moderated community development web hubs
· Developing computational engines for efficient solution of large problems
· Identifying the next critical advances for the models and engaging the community in new code development
· Refactoring existing code for maintainability and enhancing future extensions