InfoSWMM SA uses the ESRI ArcGIS Engine
InfosWMM SA and its companion software InfoWater SA use the ESRI Arc Map 10.5 engine (see thttp://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcgisengine for more information)
ArcGIS Engine is a collection of GIS components and developer resources that can be embedded, allowing you to add dynamic mapping and GIS capabilities to existing applications or build new custom mapping applications.
Developers use ArcGIS Engine to deploy GIS data, maps, and geoprocessing scripts in desktop or mobile applications using application programming interfaces (APIs) for COM, .NET, Java, and C++.
You can use ArcGIS Engine to
- Rapidly build GIS-enabled applications with out-of-the-box developer controls.
- Create and draw graphic features, including points, lines, circles, and polygons, in your application to edit geographic data.
- Uses ESRI ®Shape files (.shp), CAD Layers – Points, Areas, Polygons and Polyline classes, Raster images – JPG, PNG, ECW, BIL, BMP, SID and Layer Files (.lyr)
- Perform geographic operations on shapes to create buffers; calculate differences; and find intersections, unions, or inverse intersections of shapes.
- Solve and perform network analysis to find the best routes and the closest facilities and determine which routes should be assigned.
- Effectively visualize and analyze surface and globe data in three dimensions.
- Access and use software developer kits (SDKs), blogs, and tips and tricks in ArcGIS Resources.