How to Use Database Tools for InfoSWMM and InfoSWMM SA- Including Critical Model Recovery (CMR)
The database tools submenu is provided to assist the user in database management. InfoSWMM H2OMap SWMM InfoSWMM SA project is grounded upon the linkage between graphical network representation and external databases. Unfortunately, the data contained in those databases may, at times, get corrupted and therefore, may require maintenance due to forces beyond the control of the user. These database maintenance functionality is offered by the database tools sub-menu.
To run database maintenance, from the InfoSWMM H2OMap SWMM InfoSWMM SA Utilities menu, select Database. There you may select from any of the following options. You may click on the following links to learn more about their specific functionality.
|Critical Model Recovery: If you have Map issues such as disappearing pipes or nodes when using Mapping Display then this sequence of DB tools will help you with your mapping issues.
- Clean – The Clean Database command removes database records without a matching network component in the network map display. While it is unlikely this may occur, there are instances where a corrupt condition may occur do to inadvertent computer reboot or power outage.
- Pack – When data elements are graphically deleted, the database records associated with each component are marked for deletion and must be packed for those records to be permanently removed. When Pack is chosen, select the table or tables to pack, then select OK.
- Clear (Zap) – The Clear (ZAP) command reinitializes InfoSWMM H2OMap SWMM InfoSWMM SA non-component database tables (demands, patterns, initial status, operational controls, water quality sources and parameters, and simulation options). The user picks the database table to clear from an on-screen pop-up window of tables. All records are removed from the selected tables.
- Reindex -The Reindex Database command reconstructs internal database table indexes. This command is recommended when you use applications external to InfoSWMM H2OMap SWMM InfoSWMM SA (such as custom GIS or relational database programs) to populate and/or maintain InfoSWMM H2OMap SWMM InfoSWMM SA database tables.
- Fix DB – The Fix DB function allows the user to select and repair a corrupted database table.
- Reset Error – The Reset Database command resets the internal InfoSWMM H2OMap SWMM InfoSWMM SA error flag. If an unexpected error occurs during an InfoSWMM H2OMap SWMM InfoSWMM SA database operation, an error flag will be set preventing the user to further modify, and potentially corrupt, the project database. The Reset Database command clears the flag and allows the user to continue modifying the InfoSWMM H2OMap SWMM InfoSWMM SA project.
- Join All Layer Tables – Joins all database tables to their respective feature classes. This function enables the InfoSWMM H2OMap SWMM InfoSWMM SA database tables to be accessed with ArcGIS tools. For more information on Joins, please refer to the ArcGIS help file.
- Remove All Layer Joins – Removes all database tables to their respective feature classes. For more information on Joins, please refer to the ArcGIS helpfile.