Batch Run Manager and Run Manager in InfoSewer SA
The Run Manager is used to perform simulations and to manage simulation output sources (results). Three individual simulation types are available from the Run Manager: Steady-State , Design, and Extended Period Simulation/Dynamic simulation (including quality analyses). You may also use the Batch Run Manager to run multiple standard simulations with one operation.
To activate the Run Manager, from the Tools menu, select Run Manager . Click on any portion of the Run Manager dialog box for more information. You can choose Run Manager from the Model Explorer or from the Home Group/Project on the InfoSewer SA Ribbon.
Before the Run icon is selected, the user can elect which Report Options and Simulation Options are desired for the active scenario (an EPS/Dynamic simulation model requires a Time Setting as well). Each scenario can have options assigned to it through the General tab under the Scenario Manager. The Run Manager also allows the user to select and replace any option file as desired. This enables the user to do "on the fly" what-if analyses without having to redefine a scenario for different user options.
After a model is run, the most recent simulation run results are referred to as the *active* output source. The icons on the Run Manager allow the user to run simulations and create new *active* output sources, save output sources for later use, or load output sources for visualization, analysis, and comparison with other output sources. Use the Output Report Manager to see simulation results in either report or graph formats.
When you run a simulation, InfoSewer SA uses modeling data associated with the currently active scenario. If you have not developed a custom scenario, the *active* scenario is the “BASE” condition. To run a model based on a different scenario, activate the desired scenario using the Active Scenario command and then use the Run Manager to perform the simulation based on the data sets associated with the selected scenario.
The Batch Run Manager is used to run models for numerous user-selected scenarios in a single operation. This command is especially useful where several simulations are simultaneously required for a large model. With the Batch Run Manager, the user can select the desired scenarios and run each model in a "batch" process.
To activate the Batch Run Manager, from the Home Group/Project, select Batch Simulation.
· Active Scenario - Lists the active (currently loaded scenario) before starting the batch run process and the scenario currently being processed while the batch run is in progress.
· Simulation Type - Indicates whether a steady state analysis, steady state design or extended period simulation will modeled.
· Error Handling Option - Indicates how InfoSewer SA will proceed should an error occur during simulation of one of the scenarios during a batch (multi-scenario) simulation run.
· Continue Regardless of Errors – When an error or warning occurs during a simulation, InfoSewer SA will open a window to indicate the error encountered and will continue to the next scenario to be processed.
· Stop When Errors Occur – When an error or warning occurs during a simulation, InfoSewer SA will open a window to indicate the error encountered and will immediately stop the batch run process.
· Execution Order - Indicates the order the selected scenarios will be processed. The last scenario processed remains the active scenario (the scenario whose modeling data will be loaded and available in the open InfoSewer SA project and whose simulation results are immediately available).
· Top Down – InfoSewer SA processes the first scenario at the top of the list then moves down the list processing each scenario in turn. The last scenario at the bottom of the list remains the active scenario.
· Bottom Up – InfoSewer SA processes the last scenario at the bottom of the list then moves up the list processing each scenario in turn. The first scenario at the top of the list remains the active scenario.
· Scenario Selection - Lists all of the scenarios currently available in the open InfoSewer SA project including the default scenario BASE and all custom scenarios defined by the user. Only selected (highlighted) scenarios will be included in the batch run. To include scenarios in the batch run, click once on the scenario name with the mouse. That scenario becomes highlighted. To choose additional scenarios to add to the list, hold the shift key down while selecting the additional scenarios.
· Run - Run the Batch Simulation. The Run button is disabled until you choose at least two scenarios for inclusion in the batch run.
After a batch simulation is run, the last scenario simulated will be available as the *active* output source. Other scenarios simulated will be available and loaded as user-defined output sources identified by the scenario names, for example Future1.Steady and Future2.EPS. To review results associated with those scenarios, from the Output Report Manager, choose the desired output source from the All Output Sources box and select either graph or report.