Tools Menu in InfoSewer
Descriptions of All Tools Menu commands in InfoSewer.
Use the different options provided here to run your model (Run Manager and Batch Simulation Manager) and analyze your results through the different options such as the Customized Report, Query report, Output Report Manager. Modify your output Units through the Output Unit manager. Create Domains and Facility sets through the Domain and Facility Managers respectively. Activate the InfoSewer modules through the AddOn Extension Manager. Also create and view your Animations through the Animation Viewer.
The Run Manager is used to perform simulations and to manage simulation output sources (results). Three individual simulation types are available from the Run Manager: Steady-State , Design, and Extended Period Simulation/Dynamic simulation (including quality analyses). You may also use the Batch Run Manager to run multiple standard simulations with one operation.
The Batch Run Manager is used to run models for numerous user-selected scenarios in a single operation. This command is especially useful where several simulations are simultaneously required for a large model. With the Batch Run Manager, the user can select the desired scenarios and run each model in a "batch" process.
Pipe Profile for Output - Profiles the Output data for a series of links.
Like a customized report, a Query Report is used to selectively choose which input and output data will appear in a report. However, unlike a customized report, a query report is required to relate data from an Output Relate with output data in a report format. In other words, the only way to see output data in a report format is to create a query report that contains a desired output relate.
The Output Report Manager provides you with a means to access all your Output variables in report and graph form for all your simulations.
A Domain is a temporarily selected subset of network components. The domain can be used for a variety of purposes including group editing operations, mapping, contouring, etc. The Domain Manager is used to create, edit and delete elements contained within a domain. In conjunction with the Domain Manager, InfoSewer also has the Edit Selection Attributes and Edit Domain Attribute icons.
The Facility Manager is used to create and maintain the active facility set. The active facility set defines the network components in a current model that will be considered during the next simulation run(s). Facility sets can also be associated with a scenario via the Scenario Manager.
The ability to determine costs for replacing sewer collection infrastructure can be one of the most timely and difficult tasks in preparing a master plan. The Pipeline Costing function has been provided to assist the user in establishing these costs for replacing certain pipes.
The Project Preferences command is used to control the InfoSewer system settings. All changes made on the Preferences dialog box must be applied prior to closing the dialog box. Many preferences set with this command will be reflected as the default choices on other dialog boxes. You may change those settings as desired on those dialog boxes.
- Run Manager - The Run Manager is used by InfoSewer to specify hydraulic options, create output sources and to run a hydraulic simulation (Steady State Analysis, Steady State Design or EPS).
- Batch Simulation - A batch simulation can be established by the user to run a series of model scenarios in a batch process. Click here to learn more.
- Pipe Profile for Output - Allows the user to create a hydraulic profile of the pipe output data. Click here to learn more.
- Query Report - A query report is used to further customize a report with output model data. Features of a query report include second level queries and output relates which contain report features. Click here to learn more.
- Output Report / Graph - The Output Report Manager allows the user to create, view and edit the output data created by simulations within InfoSewer. Specifically, this feature enables the user to view reports and graphs for any output sources created through the Run Manager.
- Output Unit Manager - The Output Unit Manager is used to alter any of the modeling units required by InfoSewer. This is where a user can change English units for a project to Metric by redefining the units used for length, pressure, head, etc.
- Domain - Domains are used by InfoSewer to quickly select and de-select elements for quick editing and mapping purposes. The creation of domains are required prior to using the Map Legend under the Control Center. To learn more about domains, see the Domain Manager. To learn more about mapping and graphical modifications in an InfoSewer Sewer project, see the Map Legend.
- Facility - Facilities are used to create active elements prior to running simulations or creating scenarios that are dependent upon certain "active" elements. See the Facility Manager to learn more.
- Animation Editor - The Animation Editor allows the user to create a "movie" of specific elements within the collection system.
- Animation Viewer - The Animation Viewer allows the user to see a "movie" of specific elements within the collection system.
- Pipe Invert Calculator - Allows the user to "back-calculate" pipe invert elevations from known pipe slopes. Click here to learn more.
- Pipe Invert Translator - Provides a way to "translate" invert information from node to pipe. Click here to learn Mode.
- Pipe Direction Calculator - Click here to learn more.
- Pipeline Costing - The Pipeline Costing tool allows the user to assign a costing equation to either a user selection or to a domain. Click here to learn more.
- Elevation Extractor, as the name implies, extracts rim elevation of manholes and outlets from digital topographic maps such as the DEM thus simplifying the effort it takes to create this data. The elevation extractor interpolates ground surface elevations for the nodes in the drainage system from digital maps of various formats including vector data, raster data, and spot elevation data and other digital contour data formats compatible with ESRI. Based on the notion that the commonly available elevation maps are for ground surfaces, not for invert elevations of nodes, the invert elevation saved to InfoSewer's node database by the elevation extractor is the ground surface elevation interpolated from the digital map for the node less the maximum depth of the node. In other words, before running the elevation extractor, it is desirable for the modeler to enter maximum depth data for the nodes in the collection system.
- Non-Circular Cross-Section Design -This is a design table editor that enables the user to provide data required during design simulations of non-circular cross-sections. Click here to learn more about the design table.
- Query Summation Report - Allows presentation of existing DB queries in report or chart format.
- Apply New Design Data - This tool exports design results - specifically pipe diameter and pipe invert elevations and manning's n for new pipes - to the specified model database enabling the user to build a working model from the design result. Selection sets can also be created from pipes that succeeded and failed during the design simulation. Click here for more information
- Add-On Manager - This command allows the user to enable add-on features to InfoSewer like the Sewer Load Allocator program.
- Preferences - The Preferences section is where all project specific options are set.
Privileged and Confidential Communication: This electronic mail communication and any documents included hereto may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient) of this message, any review, use, distribution or disclosure by you or others is strictly prohibited. Please contact the sender by reply email and delete and/or destroy the accompanying message.